1. lacking spirit or interest; dull: vapid conversation.
2. lacking sharpness or flavor.
< Latin vapidus; akin
va•pid′i•ty, vap′id•ness, n.
1. foolish, voluble talk.
2. to talk foolishly; blither; babble.
[1815–25; alter. of blether, appar. < Old Norse blathra to chatter, blabber]
See more synonyms for peckish on Thesaurus.com
adjective Chiefly British Informal.
- somewhat hungry: By noon we were feeling a bit peckish.
- rather irritable: He’s always a bit peckish after his nap. CITE: http://www.dictionary.com