Also found in:
Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms.
1. To stain; sully: a reputation that was besmirched by slander.
2. To make dirty; soil.
1. done, acquired, etc, in secret or by improper means
2. operating by stealth
3. characterized by fraud or misrepresentation of the truth
[C15: from Latin surreptīcius furtive, from to surripere steal, from sub- secretly + to rapere snatch]
Also found in:
Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to colloidal: colloidal solution, Colloidal silver
a. A system in which finely divided particles, which are approximately 1 to 1,000 millimicrons in size, are dispersed within a continuous medium in a manner that prevents them from being filtered easily or settled rapidly.
b. The particulate matter so dispersed.
2. The gelatinous stored secretion of the thyroid gland, consisting mainly of thyroglobulin.
3. Gelatinous material resulting from degeneration in diseased tissue.
Of, relating to, containing, or having the nature of a colloid.
America, Bipolar Disorder, difficult people, family matters, Heart Disease, Heart Valve Replacement, Holidays, Life as we know it, Malfunctioning heart valve, Nonsense, Pacemakers
intr.v. , vac·il·lat·ed , vac·il·lat·ing vac·il·lates
1. To be unable to choose between different courses of action or opinions; waver: She vacillated about whether to leave.
2. To change between one state and another; fluctuate: The weather vacillated between sunny and rainy.
3. To Archaic sway from one side to the other.
[Latin vacillāre , , vacillāt- to .] waver
adaptation/adjustment, Bipolar Disorder, church/bible, Coping Skills, difficult issues, difficult people, family matters, Heart Disease, Heart Valve Replacement, Learning Patience, Life as we know it, Love, Malfunctioning heart valve, medical issues, Nonsense
in•im•i•ta•ble (ɪˈnɪm ɪ tə bəl)
incapable of being imitated or copied; surpassing imitation; matchless.
[1525–35; < Latin inimitābilis]
in•im`i•ta•bil′i•ty, in•im′i•ta•ble•ness, n.