Photo taken Friday, December 27, 2013 at my sister’s house! Aren’t we lovely?
1/17- Jill’s genetic disorder confirmed
1/18- Jill referred to high risk breast center at Emory; 4th follow-up mammogram cleared from 2012
2/18-Pop in hospital after defibrillator went off at shop
2/20- lump discovered
2/21- mammogram, ultrasound, biopsy completed.MRI Scheduled.
2/28-core biopsy done, Pop home from Hospital
3/3- Barry retired to be home with me and due to stroke
3/4- DCIS diagnosis (breast cancer) received and surgery scheduled.
3/8-Pop back to hospital
3/15- surgery scheduled
3/30-surgery, lump removed and margins cleaned
4/3- 9th wedding anniversary
4/15-2nd surgery, margins needed to be cleared
4/19- Pop back to hospital
4/20- spoke with hospice concerning Pop
4/30-3rd surgery, margins still not clear; Pop home from hospital
5/6-appointment with Medical Oncologist to discuss options. Lab work to determine type of chemotherapy/radiation needed.
6/6- Port inserted for chemo, another surgery
6/7- Chemo started
7/10- Barry stroke doctor
7/24-meeting with Hospice, Pop admitted to Hospice.
8/7-Barry passed out at home, to Eastside Mefical by Ambulance; admitted
8/8- overnight transferred to ICU and then transferred to Saint Joseph’s Hospital
8/9- last chemo
8/14- received phone call, 3 hours before Barry’s surgery, that my Father had passed away from Congestive Heart Failure. Valve replacement surgery and abscess clean-up
9/9-admitted to Saint Joseph’s Hospital
10/10-started radiation (M-F for 33 treatments)
10/14-admitted to Saint Joseph’s Hospital
10/25-radiation, discharged home
11/13-radiation, Barry admitted to Gwinnett Medical Center; after 3 days discharged. Got sick on the way home, taken to Northside Hospital ER. Transferred to St. Joseph’s Hospital for admission (Jill’s birthday)
11/22-radition, discharged from hospital. Sent home for holiday to prepare for surgery before Christmas
12/5-last radiation treatment completed prior to Barry’s admission. Admitted to Saint Joseph’s Hospital in preparation for surgery on 12/9.
12/17-discharged home from the hospital after surgery.
12/19-Home Health following IV infusions to treat endocarditis
- A Silent Battle (rachelannaglass.wordpress.com)
- Start of Chemotherapy and Radiation (butiatesomuchkale.wordpress.com)
- 5 things to know about the new Southeast Radiation Oncology Center (ktoo.org)
- UNC Researchers Develop Compact Delivery System for Microbeam Radiation Therapy Using Nanotechnology (thealmagest.com)
- A Christmas Wish for Emma… (claycountyweb.wordpress.com)
- Breast surgeons report improved visualization of treatment area for radiation therapy (medicalnewstoday.com)
- California girl undergoing chemo reunited with missing dog (fox2now.com)