I have one more to type up. It is taking a little longer than I anticipated. I’ll have help in the morning. We will complete the last one and get it posted. Thank you for your patience. My body hasn’t cooperated like it should, this week. It can be very frustrating to be in a normal body that does not want to work. Again, I promise, first thing in the morning. Have a great evening.
Describe your relationship with your phone. Is it your lifeline, a buzzing nuisance, or something in between?
When cell phones first came out, I hated the things. They were big, clunky and more expensive than they were worth.
Next, I landed a job that required I be on-call 24/7. To start they provided pagers (some of you younger people may not know what that is). They were a bigger nuisance, because of stopping at pay phones and keeping up with change. I hate change!
Cell phones were still toooooooo expensive.
Over the years, as technology improved cell phones became less expensive and so much smaller! But, they were still expensive. One month, my stepson’s bill alone was over $1000. He’s lucky to still be with us.
Now that prices have stabilized and phones are more convenient. I believe I only like my phone because it is a necessity. Being disabled, I feel more comfortable, being out alone. If my car breaks down, I can call for help. There’s a GPS on it, if I get lost and tons of games to keep me busy if any of the above happens.
I guess I will go with something in-between. I’d rather not have to keep up with it, but there are times when I would totally consider the thing a buzzing nuisance.
I never want to be put in the class of people who considers a cell-phone a life line. Will our future generations be able to talk to one another? Or write a letter, note or list if they need to? Consider me old-school or just plain old! I do not care, the convenience aspect of a cell-phone is marvelous. Everything else can be considered a buzzing nuisance!
1. Name a book that changed your life? The Bible
2. Who is your favorite author/writer? James Patterson
3. How many pets do you have and what are their names?Boxer Bulldog: Maggie and Japanese Fighting Fish: Shotgun
4. Name the craziest thing you have done? Pick up a hitch-hiker, at midnight, in the middle of nowhere
5. Who’s your best friend? My husband
6. Name a childhood prank? Calling asking someone, on the phone, if they have Prince Albert in a can?
8. Name a place you would love to visit? Greece
9. If I had just 5 minutes left to live, what is the one thing you would do?Pray, call my husband and family
10. What’s my favorite sport?College Football-Go Dawgs!!
11. How do I define love? Honest commitment to the Lord and each other
- Liebster Award! (alexanderhicks.com)
- The Leibster Award! (threadtime.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Awards nominated (ivarsmore.wordpress.com)
- Leibster Award (hannahsfavouritethings.wordpress.com)