Most of us are excellent at being self-deprecating, and are not so good at the opposite. Tell us your favorite thing about yourself.
I can give you numerous incidences of my many mishaps in life, but writing down what I have done right, is a different ballgame.
I think if we all took 5 minutes out of our day to write something good about ourselves, self-confidence everywhere would improve. Mental Health Clinics everywhere would lose business.
Now give me a sec to figure out how to toot my horn. This first one will sound a little strange, but it’s true. Those of you who know my blog, know my story.
- I drive better than I walk.
- I say what is on my mind, I do not play games.
- If you tell me I can’t do something, only makes me want to do it more.
- I love the Lord, studying the Bible and learning more about the Gospel of Christ.
- I’m good with plants.
- Improve the springtime.
- I believe in love, marriage and the whole fairy tale.
- I have a brain tumor that is a symptom of a generic disorder, called Cowden’s Syndrome. I do not let this effect my life. I live a happy, full life and intend to keep it that way until I can’t do it anymore!
- I’m good with kids
- I’m good with animals
- I’m a great cook, without a recipe
- I’m crafty and creative
- I consider myself intelligent, but my brain tumor can get in the way
- My husband knows I love him because I show him
- My family knows they can count on me for whatever they need no matter what. Even though I have screwed things up with my older sister, I’d be there in a heartbeat if she needed me.
- I adore, Maggie, my dog-child.
- I am good with geriatric patients
- I’m an excellent nurse
- I know my way around a computer and I love learning new things.
- I love studying birds
- I love to sing, but I only sing in church and the car for now. I don’t want to scare anyone with what the brain tumor has done to my voice.
- I still blush at the drop of a hat.
My favorite thing about myself, is that I love elderly people. I have spent 25 years as a nurse and have always gravitated back to the geriatrics field. My husband says this is where ‘I shine’.
The elderly are a fascinating group of people. I have worked with a stewardess that was on the first plane to ever land in Figi, a woman that was one of the first law enforcement officers in our state, an author, an artist, a woman who helped pioneer one of the largest charity organizations in our state,a comedian and many others that wrote just hardworking people that watched this country grow into the force it is today.
OK, ok , OK enough about me. I hope this is what the daily prompt was referring to. Otherwise, I’m just ranting again. I hope you enjoy reading this yourself!
You’re a wonderful person! I loved this so much, very inspiring 🙂
Thank you for your kind words!
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Toot Your Horn « prettywitgla33es